Saturday, October 1, 2011

3rd Amendment

In the 3rd Amendment it states:
         "No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in manner to be prescribed by law."


This specific amendment doesn't really affect me in anyway. I wouldn't want a soldier of the opposing country to stay in my house though, so I guess that this amendment is important in that sense. I'm sure now a days people wouldn't go for that anyways, and it could potentially cause a lot of crime towards the soldiers. 




This is showing the soldiers going against the constitution. They are now allowed to come to a citizens house, and asked to sleep there or stay there, unless the owner says it is okay. 


Although this didn't/hasn't happen, it could potentially happen if we get the a president in office that thinks this way. After seeing this cartoon, I realized that it is a huge invasion of privacy to have someone you don't know in your home, where you possibly have children, and let them stay. I'm happy we have the 3rd amendment, because that wouldn't be okay. 





No comments:

Post a Comment